8 Ball In The Wind

Friday, March 29, 2013

Penrose Point Clambake



Heading out in the morning for my old stomping grounds.  Out where I grew up as a kid.  The weather looks to be just great, and there's going to be a very low tide.  So I put together a little clam run out to Penrose point St Park.  

We'll be leaving my place about 9AM and heading into Tacoma.  Meeting up with a few folks there, and then hitting the freeway and crossing the Narrows Bridge.  I figure we should arrive at the park sometime after 11AM.  That should give us plenty of time to dig some clams and shuck some oysters.  

Then we'll cook them up, and hit the road back to Morton.  Trying to get some of the folks in Tacoma and Olympia to see what sort of runs I can put together.  Since I'll be organizing some fund raising runs into their necks of the woods to benefit throwing the rally here in Morton.  So, needless to say, I am hoping they enjoy hiting the rural two lane roads out on the peninsula tomorrow.

I am looking forward to eating some fresh clams and grilled oysters.  But most of all, I'm looking forward to enjoying some old friends...the roads I first learned to ride on as a kid.  And sharing them with some hopefully new friends.  Either way, I plan on having a good time.

Catch ya on the road sometime...



No comments:

Post a Comment