8 Ball In The Wind

Sunday, January 24, 2021

Roadtrip 2022-Nick's Chopper Is Up

 Yesterday, Nick and I made a 4-hour roundtrip from Morton to Yakima, Washington to pick up a voltage regulator he needed for his chopper.  Even though the sky was blue, and it was beautiful out, it was still only in the low 30's when we left Morton.  By the time we had made it to the top of White Pass at 4,500 feet elevation, it was 19 F, and we were both glad to be in Nick's nice warm Subaru WRT.  We made it down to the frigid and arid eastern Washington town of Yakima and he purchased his voltage regulator.  Both on the way over to Yakima, and the return trip back over the Cascade Mountains, Nick was describing what he wanted to do with his chopper "Shock Therapy" so that he could take it on the run to Chicago with me next year.  

He is planning on installing a dual bag air suspension system for his seat to make riding the rigid framed chopper easier over the 5,000-mile distance.  Also, he is going to work on getting everything rewired and repainted as part of the package.  I was happy to see how into making this trip with me that he has gotten.  I am still going to be getting Gypsy ready, just in case, as well as Tennessee Whiskey.  But more on them later. 

When we got back to Morton, we replaced the voltage regulator, and Nick rerouted his fuel line to get a little better flow rate.  Then, he rolled Shock Therapy out of the garage, and I climbed on Tennesse Whiskey.  Even though the sun was just dropping behind Peterman Hill, and the chilly temps could already be felt dropping, we rolled out for a circuit around Morton before topping off his tank and going out for a little test ride.  Instead of telling you how things went, I'll let the YouTube video I created last night give you a better idea of how things went.  I hope you enjoy.



This is going to be a fun trip.  One I can tell I am going to enjoy making with my grandson.

Catch you on the road sometime...




No comments:

Post a Comment