8 Ball In The Wind

Friday, May 15, 2020

Covid has Postponed Mt St Helens Ride




As with everything else this year, COVID-19 has caused long-standing plans to be changed.  We haven't canceled the ride, but we have postponed it until July.  It won't have the same meaning as riding up virtually on the anniversary date, but the weather should be much better.  I have a suspicion that there will be some people who may still ride up by themselves.  But the forecast is for rain and possible thundershowers.  I have a feeling that I am not even going to bother pulling the tarp off of Gypsy on Sunday morning.  I have made that run in rain many times, and with everything going on this year, I don't think I am going to push my luck and risk getting sick by making a 200-mile ride up to the mountain in the rain.  I just don't want to risk getting sick and losing time during my campaign for the legislature just to ride up most of the way to the mountain to a closed gate and turn back.  I'll say a prayer of remembrance like I do every year on Sunday morning.  But I am pretty sure I won't be riding up there and making that choice has really bummed me out.  Even though I know it is the right thing to do.

Catch ya on the road sometime...

No comments:

Post a Comment