8 Ball In The Wind

Monday, January 3, 2011

American Ridge Lodge




There is a cool little spot I found out about online, and the more I heard about it the more I wanted to check it out.  It is an old ski lodge in the Cascade Mountains of Washington State just east of Mt Rainier National Park.  Out in some majestic wilderness, and wonderful riding roads.  It's late tonight, and I already fucked up and lost the entire blog I had spent the last hour writing about this place.  So I am just going to post a few pics of the 200 or so that were taken by me and my friends during a weekend party and getaway to this special place.  It is run by the US Forest Service as a group campsite.  With a capacity of 60 people, and 15 vehicles (depending on who you talk to 2 bikes make 1 vehicle).  There is a gate with a combo lock near the start of the dirt road leading up to the place, so if you lock it after you go through no one should bother you.  During the entire weekend, there was no one else showed up to even check on us which I really liked as well, and we left the gate unlocked the whole time.  It's at 3,000 ft above sea level, so don't be surprised if it gets nippy at night, even in June.  No running water, no power, you have to haul in your own water, food, and firewood.  Wonderful riding until the last 3/4 of a mile, when it turns into a steep twisting dirt logging road.  It also has a 20 holer outhouse as just one of its unusual cool things about it.  I'll post more about it later, but I definitely recommend this place as a spot to get away with a few dozen friends and party together. You can get more info at http://www.recreation.gov/  the place is called American Ridge Lodge.

All this snow in the middle of June?



Scott Jamming on the bar
Breakfast...or was that dinner?
Bumping Lake
20 holer outhouse
Don't forget to bring enough

The kitchen and bar
dining room

It's well worth the ride.  A great place to enjoy.  Check it out if you want to enjoy a little privacy and peace and quiet.

Catch ya on the road sometime...


No comments:

Post a Comment