8 Ball In The Wind

Friday, January 21, 2011

Could Be Worse


Cabin fever, and being broke don't make for a good mix.
I am only sure of one thing, and that is things will change.  A person can only hope the change will be for the better.  As of now, I have been off work for more than a month and a half, and things being tight is an understatement.  Finally, I am beginning to get callbacks for interviews on jobs, so it is looking up.  My plans for this years riding have been wiped out, but that just means I will need to shake my head clear and look for more local shit to do, and ride when ever and however I can.
I don't mean to sound like I am pissing or moaning about this, but I hate being out of work.  If shit  gets really bad, I will have to deal with it.  But for now things are only kind of bad...I aint in a tent huddled in a mummy bag in the woods somewhere.  Been there, done that, and I am getting too fucking old and grey for that shit if I can avoid it.
Come what may, I will deal with it.  Facing what changes are coming, and keeping my head together the best I can.  The weather is supposed to be above freezing, with only a chance of showers this weekend, so I think there needs to be a session of two of wind therapy.  A little road time to blow the shit out of my head and let my thoughts get better focussed.  Take a putt and drop in on some riding partners I got up in the hills, and then head down the road.
I may freeze my cajones off, but fuck it, I need to change my head around...a decent ride will help.

No comments:

Post a Comment