8 Ball In The Wind

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Heading to the Oyster Run

Well Hell...since I just got my 1st paycheck onlya few days before I had wanted to head out to make the Oyster Run in Anacortes, Washington...I figured, fuck it.  I'm gonna go, but knowing how boring the route up I-5 is...and knowing the roads in Western Washington well enough..I decided to head up north to Olympia, and then follow US 101 as it curved through the countryside, and along the miles of Hood Canal.  I"ll swing over to the town of Port Townsend, and catch the ferry to Whidbey Island.  From there, I'll putt to the state park at Deception Pass, and then on sunday morning jet the last 15 miles or so along the seaside road into downtown Anacortes.

I already reserved the campsite, and a couple friends are probably gonna roll with me.  Since this is the biggest run in the whole Pacific NW, I am hoping to get some sweet pics; meet some old friends, and make a few new ones.  I figure with the 25-30,000 bikes that show up every year, I ought to have some good pics, and some stories to tell of the trip and the day.

If you're up in the area this weekend, swing by, and maybe we can have an eyeball chat, or share the road for a spell.  Either way, it looks like it ought to be something to remember.

Catch ya on the road sometime...


No comments:

Post a Comment