8 Ball In The Wind

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Another Iron In The Fire

Well, I have been talking to a few people over the past several months about getting some sort of event for bikes put together here in this part of the state.  Economically, it makes sense.  Since most of the businesses here are struggling in an already economically depressed area, anything to help bring money into the region would be appreciated you would think.  Plus we have so many great places to ride to.  About an hours worth of riding will put you in the big city, or way back into the mountains where even the cell phones don't work.  God's own magnificent creations laced with twisting, climbing bike roads.  Three volcanoes, and a slew more mountains to visit and explore.
The are facilities that could be put to use for a bike show, vendor/entertainment area, and even a bike "rodeo".  Community service groups could make money from a "Biker's Breakfast", and even the local movie house has said in the past that they could run old motorcycle movies if a rally got started.  
So here is where I am...do I jump in and try to get people together and try to get something organized that will be a kick in the ass for the people here, and the riders in the Pacific Northwest...or do I just say it's too much work, I ain't even going to try?
Nah, that don't sound like me...I'll keep you posted on what I come up with, and what I am able to gt organized...if anything.

Catch ya on the road sometime...

No comments:

Post a Comment