8 Ball In The Wind

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Olympia Toy Run



Well, next Saturday is the annual Olympia Toy Run.  A gathering of 15-20,000 bikes come rain, snow, or sun shine.  I am hoping that the weather this year will be decent, because it is an 90 mile one way run to Lacey, and making the trip on a cold wet day just doesnt sound like a lot of fun.
In the old days, there used to be big parties after the toy run, but I havent heard of any in many years.  But then, as we all know, things just arent like they used to be.
If the weather holds off to be at least halfway decent, a few of us will meet over at the Chevron here in Morton, and ride out about 8:30 and getting there in Lacey for the start about 10:00.  Then it is just a question of hanging out and waiting for the run to start.
I like being up towards the front, so I can get to the end and still watch all the bikes roll in after me.
We'll see how the weather is, and I'll try to post some pics.  But if it is pissing down rain, and 35 degrees, or snowing, I won't be going...Not this year.

Catch ya on the road sometime...

No comments:

Post a Comment