8 Ball In The Wind

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

A Ride To The "Dry Side"


Since my bike developed issues just two days before we were suppose to go on a week long ride to the "Dry Side" of Washington state, I had to borrow a Brothers bike.  It turned out the bars would work loose as I rode fighting the crosswinds, and by the second night it was straining my arthritic shoulder.  We finally put some cork between the bars and clamps to replace the other material we
had been using, and the bars didn't move nearly as much.  But the damage was done, and while fighting 50mph+ crosswinds it tore the muscles in my shoulder and I couldnt ride any farther.  The bike made it home, and so did I.  All in all, it was still a good ride, but next time I will take MY BIKE, not one I'm not used to riding...especially a solid wheeled, loose handlebarred bike in high crosswinds.  LOL

Anyway, here is a vid of the trip, and it was, as you can see a good ride.



Oh, and I think I have the issues with Gypsy figured out.  As soon as the parts come in, I will be replacing the shifter pawl springs.  I'll keep everyone posted on how it turns out.

See ya on the road sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment