8 Ball In The Wind

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Winter Doesnt Have To Be Downtime



Winter here in the Pacific NW doesn't always mean it's down time.  Unlike some parts of the country where they measure the snow in feet, we usually just get cold rain.  With a few inches of snow from time to time.  Riding in this may be cold, and miserable, but it still warms my heart to see bikes show up for a run, or even just be out on the road, while the weather is...shall we say 'less than perfect'.




There are even a few hardy souls that don't even let a little snow stop them from riding when they want.  I have one friend, that just bundles himself up like the character 'Kenny' from South Park, and rides rain or shine, snow or sleet.  He even jokes about screwing sheet metal screws into the tread of his tires to act as studs on compact snow and ice.




I don't bounce back as fast as I did when I used to ride on the ice and snow.  So I'll leave that to the truly hard core PNW riders.  Unless I don't have an option, then I am riding no matter what.  
Anyway, just a short shout out to all of you around the world that check out this blog from here in the mountains of what I like to call the Pacific NorthWET.

Catch ya on the road sometime...

No comments:

Post a Comment