8 Ball In The Wind

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Spring Opener Pt 3


After getting a little something to eat, and enjoying some more refreshing beverages, we headed back down to check out the music being played by Hells Belles.  They're an all girl AC/DC tribute band.  And pretty damn good in my humble opinion.



Refreshing Beverages

Jell-O Shots anyone?

Hells Belles

Hells Belles
They really cut loose and were rocking the joint hard.  Then, out of seemingly nowhere, came about a 6 foot long inflatable cock in the audience.  The guitar player saw it and called for it to be brought up on stage.  When it was, she straddled it and began rocking the song All Night Long while riding the cock.  For some reason, none of the pics I took of that came out...either out of focus, or just blurry from moving.  A shame, because the cock popped on her.  I guess Princess Karen from South King County Chapter will need to patch it or get a new one.

After they finished performing, we moseyed back to camp.  Stopping to talk and share a flask with friends along the way.  I could already tell, that even though the raffle for the 2014 Road King was going to be at 10:00 O'Clock, I wasn't going to make it.  Only getting about three hourse sleep since 5:00AM on Friday morning was catching up with me.  After about an hour of sitting around the campfire I knew I was done for the night.  I hate to admit it, but I crashed about 9:45.  I was still awake when word came that Amigo Mungo won the Road King, but was just too damn burned out to get up and and enjoy the fire with the few left in camp not already passed out.  Yeah, it seems they were almost all as beat as I was after partying since Thursday around Noon.

When I woke up, and finally rolled out of bed, it was just after 6:00 AM.  Jim was trying to get a fire going, and having a tough time with the wood that he had bought.  So I opened up one of my flasks and poured some 190 proof onto the wood.  When he put a burning piece of paper against the wood a few seconds later, it lit right off. Ah the wonders of Chemistry!!

It wasn't long, and we had fresh hot coffee, and something solid to put into our stomachs.  After that, it was time to break camp and start heading back.  Since I was having issues with a leaky rear tire, Jim offered to haul the tent, chairs, and sleeping bags I had been hauling on Gypsy back on the truck.  Even with all that gone, Robin and I still come close to max weight load on the bike.  So it was a well appreciated gesture.  

The sky was still a bit grey, and the wind was just a bit breezy when I rode off to put some air in the tire.  I bought a can of 'fix-a-flat' ($10 for 1 can) just in case of emergency, and rode back to camp.  Within a few minutes, we were all heading back out to get fresh coffee before everybody hit the road.



Breaking Camp

Jim's bike

Heading Out

Heading Out

Coffee Stop

After a couple quick cups of coffee, we headed back home.  Mo & Christine headed west with the truck and trailer.  While the rest of us headed east.  We wanted to spend as little time on the boring freeway system as possible.  So we were going to ride the two lane back roads down through Ellensburgh.  Then ride through the Yakima River Canyon and then head back west on Highway 12 over White Pass.  The nice mellow scenic route.  The weather was great for the most part.  Some gusty winds west of Ellensburgh, but that's normal.  A friend of mine who lives there likes to say; "Ellensburgh doesn't suck...it BLOWS!"  Which is pretty close to the truth.  Thats why they built a few big wind farms with those huge electric wind generators around the area.  But anyway, the weather was fine.  Until just before we reached White Pass.  It suddenly got chilly, and a few miles after coming off the pass we hit rain.  But nothing too bad.  Just enough to make us all want a hot bath when we got home.

The Long Way Home

The Long Way Home

The Long Way Home

The Long Way Home

The Long Way Home

The Long Way Home

The Long Way Home

The Long Way Home

The Long Way Home

The Long Way Home

The Long Way Home

The Long Way Home

All in all, it was a great time.  I'm already looking forward to next years Spring Opener.  Although, I am hoping to have Gypsy up good enough to compete in the bike games as well.  Maybe even enter her in the bike show.  Who knows...that's next year.  I'm going to enjoy this year first.

Catch you on the road sometime...





No comments:

Post a Comment