8 Ball In The Wind

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Are We Done With This Shit Yet?

I had to slow down on working on the bike yesterday because all the rain we have had in the past couple days caused a few problems.

  While we ALMOST got flooded out, at least my bike was in the house high and dry.  My brother, luckily woke up in the middle of the night hearing the rain pissing down and went to check on his bike in the 'garage'...(read that as my semi enclosed carport with doors on the alley side).  Good thing too, because the water was already closing in on his bike.  He moved it about 4 feet, and she weathered the rest of the storm out with no real issues.

I was putting the tranny back in after flushing it a few times to make sure no aluminum shavings were in it.  Because I had already mounted the tranny mounting plate to the frame, I had to remove one bolt from the last shock still on the bike.  I am now seriously thinking of fabbing up some struts to keep her that low.  I think she looks sweet as hell like that.  Although I aint sure how my 51 year old back is going to like riding a rigid again...but nothing ventured and all that.  I'll keep everyone posted on how it goes.

Catch ya on the road sometime...

No comments:

Post a Comment