8 Ball In The Wind

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Bubble Bubble Tire And Trouble



We had a great ride yesterday.  Even if things didn't go quite as planned, it was still a good time.  With the BBQ we rode about 100 miles down to attend running out of food before we even got there (may next time they'll figure on having more than 200 Burgers), we had to change plans on where to eat.  No drama, just shot up Old 99 to Billygans and chowed don on some great grub and good drinks.  

Afterwards we rode up through Longview and stopped at Castle Rock at The Past Time for a little something to wash the road dust from our throats.   Since one of the guys on the ride had a tire he was going to give me to replace the bald one I was running, he took a look at my tire to make sure it was the same size.  Afterwards he said at least the tire "hadn't started to bubble yet."

About an hour later, after running at 80 or better up the freeway and then about 60 down the back roads home, another friend of mine showed me the bubble on my rear tire after we parked at the Bucksnort Pub here in Morton.  The wife and I made it home safe, but I just shook my head thinking about that tire blowing going down the freeway at 80...with everyone else following behind us.  Chalk another one up for my watchful Angel.  I must be getting close to the limit of my share of luck.  Because I know I'm not bullet proof.

Catch ya on the road sometime...



No comments:

Post a Comment