8 Ball In The Wind

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Well THAT Didnt Work!!

It's been about a week and a half since I swapped the tires on my rear wheel.  I have yet to be able to get the beads to set against the rim all the way around the wheel.

I have tried everything I can think of.  Even using a ratchet strap and compressor.  Finally got desperate enough to try using starting fluid inside the tire to pop the bead into place.  You can see below how well that worked.



As you can see, it didn't "pop" shit.  I guess I am just going to have to take it to my favorite Indy Bike Shop on Saturday when I head down there with a couple friends.  If you have any ideas how to get this sucker on there, I'm more than interested.  Going on two weeks being down is already driving me nuts.

Catch ya on the road sometime...


No comments:

Post a Comment