8 Ball In The Wind

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Fuckin bogus VIN!!



Well shit!!  It seems that the cases I was going to use on my project had bogus numbers stamped in them.  So, they ain't no fucking good.  At least I didn't sell the other cases yet.  I already know those cases are legit.  
These cases arent a total loss.  I am still going to use the internals, and salvage everything I can from them that the other cases don't have.  Also, the other cases have a couple of broken bolt holes for the sprocket cover.  So I will have my brother Ed, (retired nuclear reactor welder) repair the broken bits with the identical bit off these now TITS UP cases.
So hopefully, I will still have the bike set up the way I want.  It just wont be a '69 XLCH.  Damn the bad luck.  
Don't ask me about the dude who sold me the cases.  I ain't saying anything about him just now.
Besides, I still have the jugs, and other parts I can still sell like I was planning to.  So I didn't get jail raped too bad.  But next time I go scoping out parts, I am gonna have to take along someone who knows Ironheads like I used to know Nortons.  Fuck me once, shame on you...fuck me twice, shame on me....There ain't gonna be a "twice" if I have anything to say about it.

I'll get this Frankenbike on the road yet.!!

Catch ya on the road sometime...

No comments:

Post a Comment