8 Ball In The Wind

Sunday, July 7, 2013

Hear El Jefe Roar pt 2




This is the second part of the post about todays test run of Pat's chopster El Jefe.  As you can see it flat gets up and moves.  The first pass I couldn't pan the camera fast enough to keep up with him.  But did better after that.  Pat is so very close to having the bike finished.  It's already a bad ass ride, and when he is finished, it's going to be a blast trying to keep him in sight on my old Evo.  

El Jefe is based on a '93 Evo Sportster 1200.  But it's been punched out to 94 inches, with Screaming Eagle dual plug heads.  It has so much compression, that when they first tried to fire it, they had to use a car battery to even turn El Jefe over.  That quickly killed the juice in the car battery.  Pat has an Anti-Gravity battery in El Jefe now.  That little thing has no problem firing up the bike.

With the low profile, balls out stance of this bike, I can imagine the fun Pat is going to have riding El Jefe.  Personally, I am looking forward to riding along with him.  Even if it means just seeing his backside pulling away every now and again.  

Maybe I should look at that as an incentive to enhance Gypsy's powerplant a bit?  We'll see...I still have an Ironhead project to deal with.  Until I get that figured out, I'll just be happy to ride wiht my firends, and share some road time.

Catch you on the road sometime...


No comments:

Post a Comment