OK, yesterday I posted about painting the frame on the Frankenbike, after stripping all the old paint and bondo off. It REALLY made a difference. After applying almost a coat of flat black, the rattle can ran out. I had a nearly half full can of gloss black, so I gave it a couple of coats with that. I thought it looked pretty good for just a rattle can paint job. One HELL of a lot better than it did before I started messing with it for sure!!
That got my mind going. I didn't get to sleep until almost 4:00 am this morning thinking of what I wanted to do with the bike. Including a few different paint jobs. I knew I was getting rummy after a while because some of them paint designs I was coming up with were pretty far out there.
Anyway, I ran out of black paint. So I had the choice of Bright Yellow, or a dark Red. The tins on the bike before were all different colors, and reminded me of having a car with body parts from different colored cars. It looked totally tacky and like shit. So, I figured if they were at least the same color it wouldnt look so bad. I can at least say they are the same color now.
I put the front forks back on, and then put the risers on the bike. As well as the stock handlebars off of my '05 1200 Sportster, 'Miss Bettie'. I even set the sprung solo seat I have been planning on putting on Gypsy on it just to see how it looked, and ya know what...I LIKE IT!
I've made more progress in the last two days, than I have in the past 4 months. Things are looking like they are heading towards something the way I want. I still want to put a sissy bar/fender brace on it, mount the oil tank, brake rotors and calipers, modify the battery box, and maybe...run either a 2" or 4" over set of fork tubes. I'll have to wait until I have a 900cc pre-70 motor to modify the exhaust like I want. But that will come with time. Keeping my fingers crossed I can find a motor like I want when I have the cash to get it.
Catch ya on the road sometime...