8 Ball In The Wind

Friday, August 2, 2013

It's A Small World After All


I just bought the latest issue of The Horse Backstreet Choppers magazine today.  By the time I read the second article, I had a strange feeling of Deja Vu (and I'm not talking about the Deja Vu chain of strip clubs).  When Patrick and I rode down to the Bastard Bash last weekend, the one guy that came across the street from the campground to the gas station with the copper cane was Matt Tobias.

As we sat around the fire pit shooting the breeze, Matt mentioned he lived in Payson, AZ.  I chimed in; "Same place as George The Painter."  Matt said yep, and that he had met George a few times.  Then he told us the story of Charlie the Nomad buying one of Matt's Sportsters, and a bunch of what happened to El Nomad after that.

As I was going through The Horse, I started reading Charlie the Nomad's column in the mag.  Here Charlie is, telling the same story.  Only better.  He's telling about what a bad assed Sporty Matt had built, and how he just had to have it.  Even if it meant selling one of his own Sporty's.

Kind of a strange feeling to hear a story from the person involved like it was no big deal, then a week later to read the other side of that same story in my favorite magazine.  Yep, like the saying goes, (and anyone who ever rode on the ride at Disneyland will probably have the song stuck in their heads for a while) "it's a small world after all"...yep, there goes that damn song again...

Catch ya on the road sometime...


No comments:

Post a Comment