8 Ball In The Wind

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

The 71st Annual.....


This week, when anyone who rides starts talking about going to the "Annual" event, I think virtually everyone thinks of Sturgis.  Well, this year is the 73rd Annual rally in Sturgis, a small town in the Black Hills.  But the "Annual" event I'm talking about is the "71st Annual Loggers Jubilee" in Morton.  A tiny town in the foothills of the Cascade Mountain Range.  This is by far, the biggest event  for miles around.  With competitors coming from around the world to compete in the two days of logging events in Jubilee Arena.

I live a half block from both the Jubilee Arena, and the large flea market/vendors area.  So, over the past several years, we have sort of held our own little bike campground here at my house.  I guess you could say it is the 6th annual Jubilee Backyard Bash...something like that.

I just know I have been busier than a one armed man in a paperhanging contest.  Trying to get the yard all set up for tents and bikes, and clearing a path around the house to the front for folks to walk along.  Instead of having to come through the house to get from the front yard to the back, or vice versa.  And I have even installed a lighting system on that side so people can see where they are going.  I think I'm going to be a little depressed if no one uses the new path this year...but we'll see.

Anyway, I pulled down and cleaned the shot ski, so it will be ready again for the 3 person shot event.  This year, both Apple Pie AND Fire Ball will be in good supply for the shot-ski.  So it ought to be an epic Friday night!!


Then on Saturday, I'll be leading the "Get Out Of Town Run" before the crowds and the parade grid-lock this tiny berg of 1,100 people.  We'll be leaving an hour before the parade starts, and get back into town and hour or so after it ends.  Just in time for a quick Bar-B-Cue, and maybe a night around the firepit (if the cops dont fuck with us cause there is a burn ban on in the county) or down on Main St at the street dance.


Either way, it ought to be a good weekend for friends to party.  Oh, and did I tell you it was also going to be the height of the Perseid Meteor shower?  What better excuse to lie on the ground all fucked up and look up at the stars?  I'll let you know how it all turns out.

Catch ya on the road sometime...









No comments:

Post a Comment