8 Ball In The Wind

Sunday, June 9, 2013

5th Annual Chris Walters Memorial Run



I had tweaked my back a bit last week, but nothing major.  It wasn't going to stop me from riding in the 5th Annual Chris Walters Memorial Run that ran from Tacoma, around Mt Rainier, through Morton and back to Tacoma.  Then on thursday night, I was surprised to have a Brother ride in so after a bit and a few drinks of Apple Pie, I started up a fire in the back yard and the fun went on into the night.
Robin had given me a Vicodin because my back was bothering me, then on top of two quarts of Apple Pie I got pretty ripped.  Between the two of them I was fucked up.  Anyway, to make a long story short, I REALLY fucked up my back on Thursday night.  I don't know what I did, but I spent all day Friday in bed.  I wasn't that hungover, but my back was killing me.  When I got up on Saturday morning, still planning on going for a ride, I walked in after about 20 minutes and told Robin I wasn't going.  I was having a hard time even sitting upright in a chair.  Riding over 300 miles on the back just wasn't going to happen.  Not if I wanted to lead the Dan George Memorial Run next weekend.  So I made a sign saying "I.M.O. Chris Walters" and knowing they were stopping in Packwood for lunch kept track of when they would be riding through Morton.
This video was the result.  I would have much preferred to be one of the riders, but shit happens.  I am going riding next weekend, if not sooner.  My back is better, but still stiff as hell.  But I will be making Danny's Ride, and the one after on the 22nd.  After that, I need to lay out some more fundraising runs so we can raise the money for the Rally's insurance.
Catch ya on the road sometime...


No comments:

Post a Comment