8 Ball In The Wind

Monday, June 24, 2013

Gathering Parts



I scored a new exhaust set over the weekend.  They're for an Evo Sportster. But, I can adapt them for the Ironhead.  If nothing else I can use the pipe to help build a custom exhaust from scratch.  I'm planning on removing the baffles from the slip-ons, and doing the old trick of running a bolt through the back and welding a washer to the end of the bolt.  That does two things; it gives you a little bit of back pressure, and also provides something for a cops billy club to hit when he runs it down the exhaust to see if your running without baffles.  I figure those slip-ons ought to make a nice set of resonation chambers for the exhaust.  Especially since I'll be running P Cams on Frankenbike.  Still gathering parts that I need.

Catch you on the road sometime...



No comments:

Post a Comment