8 Ball In The Wind

Monday, June 3, 2013

The Memorial Rides Are Beginning To Pile Up


I'll be leaving Morton early (around 8:00 AM) on Saturday morning heading up to Tacoma to the start of the 5th Annual Chris Walters Memorial Run.  It'll seem almost like old times heading up to the 48th Street Pub, and seeing a load of sweet rides.  I'll even be seeing a few friends there, but not the ones I used to ride with way back in the day.  So in a way, while we ride in honor the memory of Chris, I'll be remembering so many other friends who arent here anymore.

It doesnt even bother me that I don't know where the route is going.  It doesn't really matter does it?  I've heard rumors that it'll be about a two hundred mile run, with about a hundred miles between stops.  Sounds good to me.  Only the start and final stops have been announced.  Both are bars in the south side of Tacoma.  Both, while I wouldn't say I "hung out" there, I did spend a good deal of time at.  So I am looking forward to getting to spend some time with friends, and making a few more along the way.

Just by chance, if you should happen to find yourself in Tacoma on Saturday, June 8th, and for some reason are in need of something to do, come to the Fallen Rider Memorial at 46th & Yakima at 10:00 AM.  Everyone will pull out at 10:30, and until we end up at Gloria's down on 82nd & Pacific Ave, it's just like life...a bit of a mystery.  I have been told, that it is usually a really good route, so come on and join us in Chris's memory.  A June ride in the PNW, is always a wildcard weather wise, but I have a hunch it's going to be a good ride either way.

If you can't make Chris' ride there is always the 6th Annual Dan George Memorial Run on the 15th.  Come make them both if you can.  They both ought to be worth attending.

Catch you on the road sometime...


No comments:

Post a Comment