8 Ball In The Wind

Monday, September 30, 2013

Busy...Busy...Busy


What a wild weekend this has been.  Pissing down rain, High winds, and still we had a great turn out at the A.B.A.T.E. meeting on sunday.  I really was getting a bit worried about the turn-out due to the weather.  We needed ten paid members at the meeting before the State would vote in our chapter.  We needed two more paid members, and the guys said they'd be there with the cash.  But then the storms began to roll in Friday night, and by Sunday it was a mess.  High winds and several inches of rain, had me nervous that people wouldn't want to come out in this horrible weather.

I was more than pleasantly surprised when not only did we get our ten members, but we actually got three more come all the way from Randle, and Packwood.  So we shouldn't have any problems at the State level.  The Board of Directors meeting is in ellensburg on the 12th & 13th of October.  It's a good almost three hour ride over White Pass to get there.  And if we leave here Saturday morning, we'll have to hit the road about 6 AM.  Going to be mighty cold on the bikes riding over 4,500 foot White Pass in mid October that early in the morning, and if the weather is bas, it will be a miserable ride.  We may just end up taking the car.  So, I am hoping for nice weather, and trying to convince Robin and someothers to ride over Friday night.

With the way this wind and rain has been coming down, I think I am going to go down to the river in a couple hours and get some shots of the river...it probably has risen a few feet by now.  If the pics come out good, I'll post them here.  

I just realized that the blog has almost reached the 10,000 views mark...I'll have to come up with something suitable to mark that landmark event.  Until then...

I'll catch you on the road sometime...





No comments:

Post a Comment